Cold Delivery

Colin has a massive head cold right now, and it thankfully has arrived just in time for Spring Break.  *SIGH*

He's generally pretty resilient, but I knew this was a bad one when he told me last night that he wished he was back at TLE so he could take a nap in the afternoon.

This morning I hoped he would be better, but no such luck so I'm working from home and he's in his pajamas on the sofa.  Earlier I wanted to make sure he understood how important it is to blow his nose in a tissue instead of on his sleeve or (ICK) by wiping his face with his hand.  So I got detailed.

I told him that when he's sick his body is fighting all the germs.  When his nose is running it is because his body needs to get rid of all the germs it killed.

That oughta do it - boogers are ooey-gooey and full of dead germs.  I put it in boy-terms.

Well, it clearly worked pretty well.  Because later in the morning he informed me, as he ran to grab yet another tissue, "Uh, oh!  I have another delivery of dead germs!"  And every subsequent time he was blowing his nose he says, "Another delivery!"

So right now his eyes are watering and slightly swollen, his nose is bright red and running like Niagara Falls, and I think he may have a low-grade fever.  BUT  he's doing a great job of not spreading germs.  I'll call this one a win.

And... here comes another delivery!

Comments

Popular Posts