Nicknames

When the boys were younger I had extra-silly nicknames for them.  Colin was my Pumpkin Pie while poor Ryan had the indignity of being Babycakes. Don't ask me how or why, the just were. Hari called/calls them Colin Cupcakes and Ryan is Tommy Two-Finger (because he sucked his 2 fingers almost constantly for a couple years).

Now I call Colin Big C or Mr. Big, and Ryan is Rye-Rye or (lord help me) Boogaloo. Again, I have no excuse. 

Ryan now has his revenge. Over the last week or so, snd only when he is extremely happy with mt, he calls me Mommy Cookie. And I'm such a freakin' marshmallow I can't resist it. 

All of this makes me simultaneously very happy, but I also think that the saccharin sweetness may make me vomit. Beware, motherhood is a one-way ticker out of a Curmudgeon-ville!

Comments

Popular Posts