Mother's Day 2014

I have to say, Mother's Day weekend this year was pretty amazing.

On Saturday the boys and I ran some small errands, which included a trip to the local garden center.  Hari had suggested that I pick out something I liked as my present, as well as having the boys choose some annuals that we could plant around the house.  In addition we bought a quart-container of LIVE ladybugs.  We got home, planted everything, and later that afternoon had the big release.  It was awesome - the ladybugs were everywhere, and the boys were fascinated.  We played with them for at least the next 45 minutes.

On Sunday morning I was awakened at roughly 5AM by Ryan, who had an accident.  And since we were snuggled together, and this was a massive FLOOD, not only were the sheets wet, Ryan was soaked and so was I.  So at 5:05AM we both blearily climbed into the shower, sudsed up, then got into some clean pajamas and headed into the other bedroom.  At first I was certain he wouldn't fall back asleep but thankfully we both passed out.  Then around 8AM I awoke to the sound of the LEGO Movie theme song, Everything Is Awesome, along with breakfast in bed supplied by Colin and Hari.  Colin then mobbed me with hugs and a giant smile, and both boys settled down to eat a yogurt breakfast while I chowed down on my Hari-sytle Eggwich.  Yes, that is capitalized because it is that freaking yummy!!  (Toast, cheese, sausage, and eggs with a healthy dollop of Siracha, and a Siracha smiley-face on the plate.

Next we packed everyone up and made the trek to the Philadelphia Zoo.  In spite of bad traffic in Philly the zoo wasn't too crowded, and we all had a blast.  In addition to making the rounds with nearly all of the animals, the boys got to participate in the Rat Show at the children's zoo, they rode both the draft horses and the ponies, and we all got to feed the lorikeets.

By that time we were all exhausted so we headed home, made a quick stop at Trader Joe's to pick up some ingredients and groceries, then it was home to a lovely dinner of Spinach and Artichoke dip (homemade) served with chips and fresh veggies, along with a nice chilled adult beverage.

The cherry on top?  Both boys managed to sleep in their own bed for the whole night - that's a first!!!

Thank you to all three of the amazing men in my life.  You are all treasures beyond measure, and I can no longer fathom or remember what life was like before you.  And frankly I don't want to.  I sometimes think about my life, back when I was single and my apartment was always spotless, and I could read a book in peace and quiet for hours if I wanted to.  I had my quirky but quiet cats to keep me company, and I was pretty happy.  Then I think about my life now.  Always rushing, never enough sleep, I can't have 15 seconds of privacy even when I'm in the bathroom, there's constant noise and chaos, toys everywhere (even when they're put away!), and I sleep in a pretzel position almost every night.  I also have hugs and smiles every day, sometimes those hugs are so full of love that you literally knock me off my feet and we end up on the floor laughing.  I have the joy of seeing your successes as you learn something new, or develop a new skill, or see something for the first time.  I swell with pride when I see you behaving as gentlemen, holding the door open for others or hugging a classmate or teacher, or being kind to animals and appreciating the beauty of nature.

Hari, you make me so proud. You are a wonderful and loving father, an amazing husband, and the best teammate I could ever have.  I am lucky every day that you chose to spend the rest of your life with me, and while I'm sure I'll continue to drive you crazy for the rest of our days, I love you with all my heart.

You are growing into amazing boys, and while I want time to slow the HECK down, I am loving every moment of the journey and know you are both growing into fine young men.  I love all three of you more than the earth, more than the sun, and more than the universe.  THANK YOU!!!

Comments

Popular Posts