Captain Charming

This morning I put on a dress getting ready for work.  The weather is FINALLY warming up after the interminable ice age that we called winter, and I was happy to put on something a nice springy dress (black with white polka dots).  Truth be told, the dress I put on is older than I'd care to admit, but it still fits (HOORAY), the style is timeless, and I've taken pretty good care of it so no one really knows.

Colin was downstairs getting ready and then realized he'd forgotten his socks, so he headed back upstairs and saw me.  When he went downstairs before I was still in pajamas, now I was standing there with my shoes in my hand.  Feeling somewhat harried, getting ready to scurry around trying to get boys ready and out the door.  Colin stopped in his tracks, looked at me intently, and said....

"Mommy, what a nice dress.  You look pretty.  And that's a pretty necklace.  I need to give you an up-hug."

*SNIFF*
"Mommy, you smell nice too!" *SNIIIIFFFF*  "MMMMM!  You smell NICE!  And I love your hair.  And when you put on your shoes you're going to look even prettier!"

He then grabbed his socks, took me by the hand, and we walked downstairs together.  He was just his normal self, while I felt like I might have been floating on air.  Thanks to this darling boy I went from feeling frazzled to having a big goofy grin on my face.

Yes, Colin is his daddy's boy through and through.  And as with Hari, I can't help but fall for it!

Daddies, hide your daughters.  When Colin turns on the charm NO ONE is going to be able to resist him!!!

Comments

Popular Posts