Growing Up

We're hitting two major milestones, and I am faced with the bleak realization that my boys are growing up.  Fast!

COLIN
Today I will be spending my lunch hour registering Colin for Kindergarten.  Yes, that's right.  The teeny baby who I swear I just held in my arms a few days ago is now a coltish boy who will be in Kindergarten this fall.

I know this isn't as big a transition for me as for other moms who got to stay home with their kids from the start, since I've been working and Colin has been in "school" for most of his life, but this is still a very major milestone and I can't believe how quickly the time has flown by.

RYAN
Recently Ryan took a turn with his potty training.  With Colin there was just a gradual transition, and eventually we realized that he was waking up from every nap, and every morning, and his pull-up was dry.  And when this happened often enough we stopped using them.

Ryan has to do things his own way.  A week or two ago when I tried to put on his pull-up Ryan started kicking his legs violently and proclaimed "I HATE THEM, MOMMY!  I HATE PULL-UPS!  I HATE THEM!!!"

I was flabbergasted.. you hate them?  Really??

Last weekend we stopped using them for nap, which was a big win for everyone, but I was concerned about overnight.  But Ryan has been adamant so I told him that if he could stay dry for 5 days (in a row!) then he wouldn't have to wear them anymore.  We are now on day 4, which means if he stays dry tonight then today will be the very last time we use a diaper/pull-up.  EVER.

And for this milestone, rest assured, I am not the least bit sad.  I'm doing my ultra-happy dance.

Comments

Popular Posts