The Big "D"

A truly horrific stomach virus has been running rampant through our house.  I was ill on Sunday, Hari got it yesterday, and we were both utterly miserable.  Hari was staying home again today, and I had the boys all dressed and ready to leave for school.  Backpacks loaded, shoes and jackets on, the whole nine yards.

Suddenly Colin began sprinting for the bathroom exclaiming "I GOTTA GO!" as he tried to hike up his jacket and drop his trousers at the same time.  He made it, just barely, then... AHEM... took care of business.  Unlike Hari and I, who were horrified by our condition, Colin had a big smile on his face.  He then announced...

"Mommy!  I'm peeing my poopies!"

I've heard it called lots of things before.  The Big D.  One girlfriend calls it the "quick-steps" because that's what you do when you have it.  The Runs.  But I have to say Colin's description is pretty darned accurate!

I stopped in at lunch, and in spite of his "illness" he seemed chipper and utterly unfazed.  I guess it just goes to show how significantly attitude can impact recovery and overall health.  GO COLIN!

Comments

Popular Posts