Coffee anyone?

Each day I get a note from the daycare, telling me a little about the boys' days.  It includes the various curriculum items they covered (art, reading, manners, math, etc.), how well (and what) they ate, when they napped, and of course a little personal note.

I live for those notes.  It is my tiny window into their day.  A tidbit that tells me something they enjoyed, or something they did, so I don't have to feel so sad that I miss out on their days.

This is a recent note from Colin's teacher:

Ms.A: Can you tell me the words (in the book) that begin with the letter "D"?
Colin: raises hand
Ms. A: Yes, Colin?
Colin: Duck, and Doughnut
Ms. A: Yes, that's right.
Colin: Just like Duck-n-Doughnuts!
Ms. A: (laughter)

These are the priceless moments and snippets that I just love.  In classic Colin fashion, he merged "duck and doughnuts" into "Dunkin Donuts".  And who can blame the kid - once I read that it is all I could think is that the person who wrote that lesson plan must have had a good laugh to themselves.

Coffee anyone?

Comments

Popular Posts