Colin-isms

A few Colin-isms that I don't want to forget, as I'm sure they will pass soon:

  • Itsy Bitsy: my iTouch, named for the Itsy Bitsy Spider app that I have, which was one of his early favorites
  • Buffalo (DVD): Ice Age 2, Colin decided the mammoth is a buffalo, and it just stuck
  • Barn (to eat): kid's Cliff bars (like a chewy organic granola bar) - he didn't get the difference between a "barn" and a "bar" and regularly asks for a "barn" when hungry
  • Squeezie: portable tubes of pureed fruit and vegetables
  • Dee-Dee: his original name for Sydney (when he was first learning to talk)
  • Take yo' hair off: what he tells me, constantly, as a request to let my hair down, since he cannot stand if it is pulled back in a clip or ponytail
  • Big hair: Colin's euphemism for my hair - he doesn't get the difference between "big" and "long" and has instead decided that mommy has "big" hair.
  • Messy Messy Baby: Colin's warning to me that Ryan has just spit up.
  • Home Now! what Colin says as we're pulling into the development
  • Chicken dinosaurs: any bite-sized piece of chicken served with dip.  Hari bought a package of chicken nuggets that were shaped like dinosaurs - Colin willingly ate them and ever since ALL chicken is a chicken dinosaur.
  • W (as in "I want to watch W"): the Preschool Prep alphabet DVD, named after the image on the front cover which shows the letter "w"
More to come as I remember them!

    Comments

    Popular Posts