The Babysitting Situation

So, as I've told you all (ad nauseum), Colin is a mama's boy, and lately it has been worse than usual.  I don't know if it is because he senses that another little guy is coming along, if it is just a phase he's going through, or what, but he's really been extra clingy with a cherry on top.

H and I very rarely go out, but on those rare occasions when we have needed a sitter we've been very lucky.  One of the teachers from Colin's school (who spoiled him ROTTEN when he was in the Infant Room) resigned when she graduated from college last year, and before she left I gave her a card wishing her well and asking her to give me a call if she would ever be interested in babysitting.  Thankfully Jessica said yes, and I've kept her on speed-dial for those rare occasions when we have an adult night out.  And (for those of you who know my crazy dog) even Sydney likes her, so I know she must be good people!

Last night we were taking friends out for a pre-wedding celebratory dinner (they're getting married in a month!) and arranged for our sitter to come by.  She showed up and I gave her the quick update before we left, still wondering how Colin would be since he's been so extra-super-Velcro-clingy lately.  H came downstairs with Colin in his arms, and as soon as he saw Jessica he went right up to her, took her by the hand and tried to lead her upstairs.  (He likes to go upstairs to jump up and down in our bedroom.  Don't ask me why.)  Jessica picked him up, and with a smile on his face he waved to me and said "bye-bye Mama!" immediately followed by a "bye-bye Daddy!"  Colin had his girlfriend over, you see, and we were being dismissed.  Get lost guys... I'm hangin' out with my girl tonight!

I couldn't dream up a more ideal babysitting situation.  A responsible adult who adores Colin, who was trained to work in a daycare facility and has known my son since he was 12 weeks old.  My neurotic dog likes her, and Colin is so enamored with her that he is ushering us out the door.  HOORAY!

Comments

Popular Posts