The Entertainer

Yesterday morning Colin's teacher was trying to get him to be patient for a moment as she was helping another child.  She asked him to wait a minute, and he immediately parroted back "Wait a minute."  Clear as day.  She couldn't believe that a child his age could repeat a whole sentence back so clearly, and insisted that if she'd had a video camera we could have won America's Funniest Home Videos.

Then at lunch when I came to visit he was starting to get a little tired (it was nearly naptime).  I picked him up to snuggle for a minute before I had to leave and, as he often does when tired, he pointed out my nose and said "noooooOOOO."  Then he did something new.  He attempted to stick his finger up my nose (that's not the new part) and... said "EWWWW!"  I knew I shouldn't laugh, because that would only encourage him to do it again.  And again, and again and again.  But I couldn't help it.  So (of course) then he kept trying to jam his finger into my left nostril while saying "EWWW!"  I kept dodging to avoid the pick while we both laughed and laughed.

And because he has this horrible head-cold he's now starting to understand the whole blowing your nose concept.  I've been teaching him to sniff in and out when I hold a Kleenex to his nose, and now he's taken it a step further.  If his nose is running he'll find me and say "EWWWWW" so I can wipe it for him.  If there's a box of Kleenex handy he (once!) grabbed a tissue and wiped his own nose.  The problem is that if he has a whole box of Kleenex handy he succumbs to the siren call of the tissue and proceeds to pluck every one out of the box.  And if you don't catch him he'll shred them into teeny tiny pieces.

Confetti anyone?

Comments

Popular Posts