Math Strategies

COVID continues, and all-remote instruction is still in place. The boys were supposed to go back this week, but last Friday (11th hour) the school system realized that numbers were spiking with just the teachers and custodial staff in the building (13 cases in a week) so they nixed it. We are staying all-remote through at least the 2nd week of January. And while no one has asked me, I expect it will be longer than that. But I digress.

This morning during math class Ryan informed me that the "strategy" I showed him is awesome and he thinks he will use it for the rest of his life.

What was it, you may ask? What magical concept did I come up with?

Basic, old school, standard multiplication like they taught us a million years ago. Something that straightforward was shocking to him. 

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Comments

Popular Posts