9/2010... The Time When Colin was Neat

Another OLD post (pre-Ryan!!!) that I found.
The current day update: Colin is probably an average kid.  Definitely no neat freak, and getting him to help with housework is a challenge, but he's pretty good about putting his clothes away.  Interesting to see the changes that 9 years bring...

=====================
I'm going to start by saying that I know this won't last, the fun will wear off, and someday I'll probably look back on this and think that I was hallucinating.  But for now it is pretty cool, and very entertaining.

Colin is a budding neat freak.  Seriously.

You think I'm kidding?  OK, judge for yourself:
  • He carefully places his sippy cups on a coaster on the coffee table.  Never directly on the table (unless he can't get to a coaster).
  • He happily helps put his toys away.
  • I was unloading the dishwasher.  He came over and handed me utensils, one by one, until they were all put away.
  • He helped me vacuum.  And I don't mean he just played with the hose, or held it while standing there.  He actively walked around the downstairs, searching out and vacuuming up every bit of fur, dust and crumb that he could find.  Including under the ottoman and sofa!
  • He cannot stand to see a string, crumb, or any other random "stuff" on the floor.  If he does he'll pick it up and hand it to me for disposal.
  • He was trying to sweep the other day when I had the broom out - if I had a shorter handled broom I think he would have happily cleaned up the whole house!
  • He throws out old tissues, napkins, wrappers and paper-towels himself.  Without being asked.

Comments

Popular Posts