Breakfast Bomb

So this morning I had a June Cleaver moment.  Along with everything else I did (walking the dogs, making coffee, getting ready for work, cleaning up the kitchen, hanging up wet bathing suits) I decided to make breakfast for the boys.

I made a berry smoothie for Ryan (blueberries, peach, a little cranberry juice and some water, plus Amazing Greens powder), and a chocolate banana smoothie for Colin (milk, ice, frozen banana and Amazing Greens chocolate powder).  Plus a few pieces of sausage.  Easy peasy.

The boys eventually came down and started eating/drinking.  I made my coffee, got my own breakfast, and was about to sit down.  Then Colin made a horrific YUCK noise and gagged.  Then threw up.  ON HIS PLATE and all over the chair and floor.  "EW! There was a piece of mushy banana in my smoothie!"

I looked in utter shock.  Did that really just happen?  Then went into crabby mom mode... GET INTO THE BATHROOM IF YOU'RE STILL THROWING UP!!!!

Colin (finally) ran to the bathroom, and managed to get rid of every morsel of breakfast.  I offered him a few crackers and some water, but he declined.

At this point Hari came down and asked if Colin threw up because he was sick, or because he didn't like something.  Colin replied that there was a "blob" of mushy banana in his smoothie.

Now... for clarity.  The aforementioned "blob" was not a giant soul-sucking, mouth-filling chunk of semi-frozen banana.  He sucked it up inside a standard straw, so it was probably the size of a small pea.  Yes, you read that correctly.  My son vomited up his entire breakfast because there was a pea-sized piece of frozen banana in his chocolate banana smoothie.

I give up.

Comments

Popular Posts