Spring Break 2017

So this year we didn't take a true family vacation for spring break as I had to be at work, however we did a mini stay-cation which ended up being a lot of fun.  The quick recap:

The first Saturday of spring break we eased into things, sticking with our normal insanity.  I worked out, and the boys had both soccer and tennis, so we were at the gym from 10:00 - 1:00.  No other major activity.

On Sunday Hari (OF COURSE) golfed, and I headed up to the gym for yoga, after which we had a relaxing day.  The boys and I took the dogs for a walk, and the whole family just chilled out.

Monday was our first big day... we took the train into the city (and then a subway) and went to the Yankee's home opener.  Our seats were fantastic (toward the end of the left field line), the weather was perfect (sunny with a breeze so it wasn't too hot), and the Yankees had a no-hitter through 6 2/3 innings!  The game ended with a win, and then we headed down to Vincent's in Little Italy for dinner followed by dessert.  Colin sadly managed to drop his mostly un-eaten ice cream cone on the ground, which we determined was a good life lesson.

We also took a trip to Six Flags, and Colin was finally tall enough to go on any ride he wanted to.  Ryan was happy to stick with Skull Mountain.  Colin started out super-excited to take on the big roller coasters, but after we were in line for Nitro for a while he started having second thoughts.  Maybe the line is too long.  Maybe we shouldn't do this.  I told him I hadn't waited that long to not go, so we were going.  Period.  We got on, and there were four seats in our row.  Me (on the left end), then Colin, a girl (maybe 10-12 years old), and her dad on the other end.  We started off up the first big hill, and it is a whopper.  When we crested the hill Colin started yelling, then began his mantra "I-can't-breathe-I-can't-breathe-I-can't-breathe-I-can't-breathe!"  He kept that up for most of the rest of the ride, along with a few screams here and there.  My response was "If you're talking you're breathing" but he wasn't listening.  (Typical boy!)  When we finally stopped he commented on how incredibly stupid he was for EVER going on the ride.  And it took about 5 seconds for him to revise that... well, maybe it was kinda fun... I really liked that... can we do it again?!?!!

We also did a zoo trip, and I worked from home for a couple of days so the boys could sleep in a bit and have some relaxing play time while I stayed caught up.  To end it we went to see The Fate of the Furious because what kid doesn't love seeing a movie about fast cars?

All in all it was a good week, and a nice break from our usual schedule.  And our first spring break even if it was brief and at home!

Comments

Popular Posts