Thanksgiving Eve Morning

So far today....
  • Ryan has a massive cold and is now on the nebulizer. I was half awake all night listening to him breathe trying to make sure he was doing ok.
  • I realized I hadn't refilled his Rx recently and had to use the very last vial of albuterol, which means a trip to the pharmacy today.
  • Colin was trying to make his breakfast and managed to crack an egg so it ran down the front of the stove, got caught in the crevasses, and pooled under the oven.
  • There was a centipede in our kitchen. I killed it and was then castigated by Ryan for "killing nature." He refused to let me open the garbage can so I had to stand there negotiating with a 5-year-old with a dead bug in my hand.
  • Colin (defending mom!) asked Ryan if he wanted to kiss a centipede.
  • Colin went to cook his eggs in the microwave (using a mom-approved, microwave-safe egg cooking kitchen gadget). They exploded. Twice. I spent the next 5 minutes cleaning egg bits off the inside of our microwave.
  • Colin decided the eggs must be bad because they exploded, and didn't want to eat his breakfast.

All of this before 7:15AM.

Comments

Popular Posts