Three in One

Those of you who aren't parents or aren't going through potty training are going to be bored to tears by this post.  Or you just won't get it.  So be warned... you're welcome to skip this one and go on to something more interesting.  I won't be offended - I remember that there was a life BC when my life involved a whole lot less bathroom-related events.  Read on at your own risk.

This morning Colin woke up and... GASP... asked to go pee-pee in the potty.  I struggled into a sitting position with the boy in my arms, got him straight into the bathroom, and plopped him on his potty seat and handed him a Ranger Rick magazine to peruse.

He looked at the wood duck photos, and the wild pigs, and the skunk illustration.  Then raised the magazine over his head, looked down, and... HE WENT!  And as I was making a big exciting deal about what a good boy he is and how proud I am of him, and how amazing he is, and blah-blah-blah.  And the grin on his face made it clear that he was not only proud of himself, but that he was equally excited about his success.

What was truly amazing is the fact that he did this a total of THREE times today.  And once earlier in the week.  I think, just maybe, we might be on the path to potty training.  I know it won't happen overnight, and expect setbacks and a long road ahead.  But boy oh boy... it sure would be great to have only one child in diapers.

A girl can dream... right?
Wish us luck!!!

Comments

Popular Posts