Hello! *hugs*

During Colin's recent feverish illness we (obviously!) kept him home from school.  Now anyone who knows me at all, knows that my whole life I swore that the kids (which I wasn't going to have, and wasn't capable of raising) were never, ever going to daycare.  Guess I was wrong on both counts.

But in spite of my proclivities I've been quite happy with Colin's school.  They have a great educational curriculum, it truly seems to be a loving environment and the teachers adore Colin.  Teachers from other grades will come to the infant room just to visit Colin from time to time during the day.  And during our last parent-teacher conference the head teacher for his room told me that she thought Colin was going to be "one of those kids where the teacher can't wait for him to graduate to their classroom".  Music to a mother's ears, but she was sincere.  They really like the little guy.

Colin seems very happy at school as well.  Every morning as we walk in the door he looks through into the office, and smiles at the ladies as I'm signing him in.  Peeking at them over my shoulder as he breaks into a giant grin, and sometimes adding a little wave as well.  It charms the pants off them, but is also a sign to me that he enjoys being there.  But he's taken things to a whole new level.

Yesterday during lunch I had the Colin in my lap when one of the afternoon teachers walked in, Miss Jessica.  She excitedly said hello to Colin, exclaiming how glad she was that he was back and feeling better.  And then... Colin clearly nudged me away and reached for Miss Jessica.  (??? He NEVER pushes his mama away!  What's going on???)  She happily picked him up, and Colin threw his arms around her neck and gave her a big hug.  Then he turned and lunged back to me.  I couldn't believe that he was really giving her a hug hello, though.  Kids his age don't do that.  Do they???

Well, another teacher walked in from lunch.  Miss Denise.  Colin did the same thing - pushed me away and reached for her, gave her a big hug, then turned and put his arms out for me to take him back.

Apparently he'd been distributing "hello hugs" to the teachers all morning.

Talk about a chip off the old block - Colin must have genetically inherited his father's knack for charming anyone and everyone he meets.  I can only imagine what he'll be like when he's older and finds a lady he wants to impress.  Watch out girls - whoever you are, you don't stand a chance!!!  Take it from someone who knows... there's no escaping the enchanting voodoo of a Sharma man.

Comments

Popular Posts