Little Friends

Tonight Ryan was at his swim lesson, I was catching a quick workout, and Colin was in the playroom. When I went to pick Colin up, the girl working there was holding a baby and told me that Colin was playing with the baby for much of the time. She had a huge grin on her face, clearly surprised that a 6-year old boy would be so interested in a baby.

I smiled, knowing that my darling Colin is a hard core baby-o-phile. (Yeah, I made that up.)

A few mons ago our friends had a baby girl. She was less than a week old when we stopped by to visit and meet the little dear. Colin was enthralled. He played with his friend (her older brother) for a while, then drifted downstairs asking if he could hold the baby.  I took him to the sofa and placed her in his lap, while I supported the baby's tiny head. Colin's face was radiant, and he only had eyes for her.  His friend came over looking for Colin (Ryan at his heels) and asked Colin when he was coming to play.  It was his little sister but he was much more interested in playing with his friend. Colin's answer? "In an hour or two."

I am not kidding!  It was darling and just a little crazy. 

Then tonight at bedtime, hours later, Colin smiled and was telling me about the baby at the gym again. His name was Nathan, and he was only 3 months old, and his socks were little bunnies with bells in them.  But the socks were too small (Nathan was a VERY large baby!), and Colin was concerned they might have been too tight. 

I know one thing for sure. This kiddo is going to be a fantastic daddy someday. It had dang well better be a long, LONG time from now, but he's going to be great. The kid is a natural.  Just like his dad!

Comments

Popular Posts