"THAT" Mom

The transformation is complete... I've become "that" mom.  And to the entire universe, I apologize, but I've crossed the Rubicon and there's simply no going back.

I was at the gym the other day, and caught myself pulling up photos of the boys on my phone to show other members.  They didn't ask about the kids.  They didn't beg me to see pictures of my offspring.  We were talking about something else entirely, but I had taken such adorable pictures of them as they were waking up that morning that I just had to share.  I HAD to.  Really.

The other poor women ooohed and aaaahed appreciatively, but in retrospect... WHAT THE FREAKIN' HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?  I've become every gag reel, where the doting parent pulls out a wallet with 200 photos of their kids and starts showing them to everyone in the vicinity - friends, colleagues, total strangers... it doesn't really matter.  Because, of course, everyone desperately wants to see pictures of my kids.  Right?  RIGHT!  The whole world is pining away from their desperate need to see more-more-more pictures of Colin and Ryan.

Good thing they're so darned cute - OOPS, there I go again...

Comments

Popular Posts