One Year Ago - The Christmas Music Cure

 I saw this post on my FB memories.  One year ago today we were headed to the dentist, and I solved a problem.  I'm still pretty impressed with myself.  That was a good day.

========

Yesterday I was driving the beasts - *AHEM* I mean...
Yesterday I was driving with my darling sons to a dental appointment. They were being ridiculously loud. My ears were hurting from the noise. Asking them to "cool it" wasn't working.
So I put on choral/classical Christmas music and cranked it. Louder and louder and louder. Until they were begging me to turn it down because it was too loud, but at least I could hear the voices over the noise from the back seat. I hummed happily with the tune and offered to turn it down if they got quiet.
The boys shouted and complained.
I enjoyed my music. I calmly smiled.
The boys shouted more.
I turned it up even more.
A couple of brain cells fired in the back seat and they got quiet.
I turned it down a bit. Then a bit more.
The boys got louder.
I cranked it back up.
They insisted I needed to turn it down.
They complained and shouted at me.
I was accused of torturing them.
I ignored it all. Christmas music is great.
Ryan started shouting at Colin that he needed to SHUT UP.
Colin quieted.
I turned it down a bit, then more.
SILENCE from the back seat.

The music was returned to a sane level, and the car stayed calm with normal levels of conversation for the rest of the ride.

Comments

Popular Posts