Boy vs. Mom: Jacket Edition

Weather: 19 degrees. BRRRR!!!!!

Son: Wolfs down breakfast and tries to run out of the house wearing only a hoodie.

Me: Put a jacket on!

Son: Scurries out the back door. Still no jacket. 

Me: grabs purse, keys, and son’s jacket. Drives to bus stop. "Get in the car!"

I then drive him to school and make him put the jacket on.  

Son: You don’t understand. You’re ruining my life. I’m not going to have any friends. 

I may have then informed the boy that I hadn’t even tried to ruin his life. YET. But if motivated I could do a bang-up job. 

There was a brief moment when he was contemplating not putting on the jacket. I pulled over and informed him that I was going to stall until there were a LOT of kids there for dropoff (plus busses arriving) and then I would get out of the car and make a huge scene at the school. Or he could just put the jacket on.

The jacket quickly went on as he realized that mom wasn't bluffing and would, indeed, create a full-scale ruckus in front of the whole school.

Comments

Popular Posts