Weird Karma?

Earlier tonight...

Me: "boys, please get ready, I want to go for my run."
Colin: *rummaging around upstairs for shorts*
Ryan: *utterly unproductive standing around*
Me: *hustling downstairs after changing, trying to quickly slip into socks and shoes* ..."Ryan- go potty before we leave."
Ryan: "I did."
Me: "Really???"  (We typically have to ask at least three (thousand) times before any actual activity takes place)
Ryan: "Yes, really!"
Me: *thinking.... I don't remember seeing him come out of the bathroom. And am pretty sure I didn't hear a flush* "Are you SURE?"
Ryan: (confidently) "Yes!"
Me: "So you went potty.... In the downstairs bathroom.... Since we walked in the house... ?"  (Yes. Life with boys is like a strange game of Clue. You have to ask very specific questions.)
Ryan: "Well... Not in he bathroom. "
Me: *don't panic.  It can't be that bad* "Ryan.... WHERE did you go potty???"
Ryan: (very matter-of-fact). "In the garage."
Me: "WHAAAT?!? WHERE??? SHOW ME!!!"
Ryan: *opens door, points just inside at the vacuum cleaner and twos gallons of vinegar* "right here...." 
Me: "WHY??????????????"
Ryan: *clearly realizing that this perhaps wasn't a good decision*. "......I dunno"

At that point I gave up.  Because there was never going to be a rational explanation as to why my nearly 5 year old son peed in the garage when he was literally less than 6 feet from a bathroom. 

He also managed to nearly blind his brother with a fake clown nose, and threw Colin's shirt (semi-accidentally) in the toilet.  All in one night. 

I must have accrued some seriously weird karma in a previous life. Not much else can explain days like this.

Comments

Popular Posts