First In, First Out

This morning I woke the boys up as usual.  Ryan popped out of bed, and Colin was a groggy lump.  I managed to get them downstairs and eating breakfast... scrambled eggs and a yogurt for Colin, toast with soy butter (and jelly!) for Ryan.

I left for work and Hari took over the rest of the morning routine.

So there I was at work when a text came in... from Hari... a photo of his hand, with a tiny white object on it.  COLIN'S LOOSE TOOTH FELL OUT!  And I missed it!!!  (For the record, it was his lower right incisor.)

Apparently I wasn't the only one - everyone missed it!  Hari had the boys brushing teeth, and as we have been doing recently reminded Colin to brush his loose tooth and his new tooth (which was just starting to poke up) extra well.  Suddenly Colin noticed... Daddy - my tooth is gone!

WHAAAA????

At that point my three men began a frantic search of the house, trying to find Colin's missing tooth.  Hoping that he hadn't broken the cardinal rule of loose teeth (as declared by Daddy): Don't eat your tooth!

The tooth was nowhere in the bathroom.  Not down by the kitchen table.  Not in the boys bed.  But... AHA!  There it was!  On Hari's pillow!!!  It must have come out overnight while he was sleeping.

And so tonight after choir I'll work with Colin to put his very first baby tooth into a special container which we'll tuck under his pillow.  And we just may get our first visit from the tooth fairy.

MY BOY IS GROWING UP!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts