Rant Warning: BOYS

Why, oh WHY do boys do stupid things?  Like copy the kid who makes really bad/stupid decisions in class?  Like not keeping their hands to themselves?  It isn't like my boys hurt anyone.  They just do stupid things.  HOW MANY TIMES do I have to reiterate that you just DON'T FREAKING TOUCH your classmates.  EVER-EVER-EVER-EVER-EVER!  Some of them won't like it, even if you're just trying to be nice, and they'll tattle on you and you'll get in trouble.

Is it easier if you have girls?  Probably not.  But at least they're sneaky so you have a chance that they won't get caught.  I have tried to explain, repeatedly, to a certain child that even if there is a large group of kids doing something dumb, HE is somehow always going to be the one who gets blamed and gets in trouble.  It won't matter if 10 other kids were doing it.  It doesn't matter if someone else started it or came up with the idea.  YOU, my darling, will be the one who gets singled out for blame.  Like it or not, that seems to be your fate so FIGURE IT THE HECK OUT and STOP DOING STUPID THINGS.

Q: How do you get a young boy to stop and think before he acts?
A: I clearly have no clue.

If I get one more note home from school, or have to have one more conversation with a teacher about some ultimately harmless but SPECTACULARLY STUPID thing one of  my kids has done I swear to everything holy I'm going to explode.

I think I'm going to go look up some episodes of Malcom In the Middle.  Maybe watching that will make me feel better.  If not I'm going to take notes on Lois' parenting techniques.

Comments

Popular Posts