Big Boys

Today we headed down to Princeton for a hike with the boys. No stroller.  No backpack.  Just four... nix that, five Sharmas talking a walk. 

Early on Ryan tried complaining that he anted to be carried, but that passed. And through our travails over rocks and hills and roots that little guy did great!  Colin too, although he proved his toughness 2 years ago when he climbed Sourland Mountain.  Today was Ryan's chance, and he shone. Amazingly it was Sydney, the senior citizen of the group, who got tired. 

By the end he was definitely pooped, but he made it the whole way. I don't have an exact distance as we got turned around on the trails quite a few times (I'm not terribly familiar with this specific hike) but even if we were so slow that we were only logging 30 minute miles (and I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case) we would have gone four miles.  

At the end Colin still had enough pep to run around and play, Syd was clearly done, and Ryan was just happy to be back at the a-ki-ra (Acura).  We all drank more water, did a check for ticks, then headed to Tortugas for a well-earned Mexican feast.

Tonight the boys are zonked, Syd is passed out at the foot of the bed, and I think Hari and I will sleep well.  I told Ryan today that he isn't a little guy any more, now that he did a big hike like the rest of us he's a big boy.  He smiled proudly at me, and I was truly impressed that he made it.

Not bad for a three year old!

Comments

Popular Posts