Best Mothers Day Gift Ever

Men across the US scramble each May, trying to come up with an appropriate gift for their wives and mothers to express how they feel.  A thank you for everything moms do.  Sometimes it is a night out, or flowers, or jewelry, or a day at the spa.  And all of these are wonderful and no doubt appreciated.  But none of them can compare with my gift(s) this year.

First, we went on a 6-mile family hike.  This might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it was a perfect day for me.  I was outside, enjoying some fresh air and a little exercise with my boys, my wonderful husband, and our adorable Sydney.

Then there were the gifts the boys made at school.  Handprints and hearts, followed by hugs and kisses.

But the best gift of all was from my darling husband.  He was out of the country as his work kindly decided to schedule an award weekend (in the Bahamas!) for Mother's Day weekend to recognize some of the top employees.  Because, of course, none of the employees have families or anything that they would want to spend time with.  (GRRRR)  Anyway, on Mother's Day I had planned to take the boys to the zoo, but first I checked my phone and there was an email for me.  It was from Hari, and was hands down the most beautiful, wonderful gift I could ever have received.  And I don't mean to brag, but I have to save it here because I never want to lose or forget these incredibly beautiful words.  I know that I am loved and appreciated, but hearing it from someone you love is special.

============
Thank you for everything you do for me and the boys. You truly are the compass that keeps us on course day in and day out. To say that we wouldn't know what to do without you is cliche.  More importantly, I hope you see the happiness you bring, the comfort you provide, and the nurturing you cultivate.

In 4+ yrs you have taken the crash course in motherhood, and now have your PhD.


Whenever you may be unaware of how truly appreciated you really are just lie in bed and look under your left arm at little Ryan and feel Colin's fingers thru your hair and you will remember that you must be doing something right!


It's ironic that I am the one being recognized over Mother's Day weekend, because I could never have achieved these results without knowing that the other pieces of our lives were completely under control and that the sacrifices you make for me to make that extra call, do the paperwork, and prepare my presentations for people who take me away from my family instead of giving us more time together is a trait a great mother and wife could only do. You do these things selflessly and it is not unnoticed.

============

I am an incredibly lucky lady!

Comments

Popular Posts