Tidbits

Just some snippets from the boys:
==========
Colin: Mommy, I want rocket shoes for school.
Me: Rocket shoes?  (In my head I pictured sneakers with rockets sewn onto them, or perhaps the shoes that light up, since he doesn't have them)
Colin: Yeah.  Rocket shoes.  So I can fly all the way in to school!
==========
As we were walking into the school one morning, Colin looked around for the director.  She wasn't in her office, but he claimed he could "smell" her.  She doesn't wear heavy perfume so I had to ask... what does she smell like?
Colin's response: Cupcakes!
When we saw her I told Micella about this, and she was (not surprisingly) tickled by the idea.
==========
Schneezing: the other day Hari was teasing Ryan that he hadn't done a "real" sneeze.  He said it was a schneeze.  Ryan's response?  He did a teeny fake sneeze.  This is now an ongoing joke - Hari mentions a schneeze and Ryan immediate does a tiny, forcible exhale through his nose, then looks up to make sure that his father is laughing.
==========
Sitting with the boys one day, I called to Hari who was upstairs.  He didn't answer the first time, so I called again.  Haaari!  The next thing I know, Ryan next to me shouts, "HOWWWIE!  HOWWIE SHAWMA!!"  And now, he regularly mimics me and calls Hari by his first name.
 ==========
We were on a walk and there was just a little bit of snow left.  Colin, who loves snow, wanted desperately to have (another!) snowball fight with his mother.  As I had Sydney on the leash, and Ryan to chase, I wasn't able to fully participate, but cringed in mock horror each time he pelted the back of my jacket with another snowball.  I figured it was March so this was probably his last hurrah, so I let it go on.  For a while.  Until Colin stopped and told me, "Mommy, you're all muddy."  I looked in horror to realize that Colin had been picking up "snowballs" that had mud in them, and the back of my jacket and jeans were... well... pretty messy.  Trying hard not to laugh (I had to make a point of this!) I chastised Colin telling him that he should NEVER throw mud at people.  In retrospect, I can only imagine what people thought as they saw us.
==========
Much to Hari's great chagrin, Ryan's favorite animal is the hippo.  He is mad for them, and shouts "OH-PPO!" every time he sees one.  I've even used this to my advantage, as Ryan hated brushing his teeth.  Between the use of electric toothbrushes (gimmick!) and my requests for Ryan to be a hippo, I now have a toddler who happily opens his jaw as wide as possible, often with a horrible noise to accompany it, and I'm able to brush his teeth.  WIN!
 ==========
Ryan has a new trick... he likes to steal my potatoes and hide them around the house.  Specifically he likes to hide them on the trampoline, under the exercise and beach balls that we store there.  Then he'll grab me by my pantleg, telling me "bo-taydo" and drags/pushes me over so I can discover the potato.  I will exclaim in mock horror "You stole my potato?!?!?" and he smiles, utterly pleased with himself.  Colin is getting in on the act now as well.  But the real surprise was the other day when Hari put his hand between the cushions of his chair and... discovered a potato!  I have no idea how long it was there, who hid it, or where else we may find additional spuds.  I suppose if there's a horrible smell at some point I'll just have to follow my nose.
 ==========

Comments

Popular Posts