Bedtime Lecture

Tonight as I was putting Colin (and Ryan) to bed I got a bit of a lecture.

In a somewhat stern-but-sleepy voice Colin informed me:

"Mommy, I really wanted three books tonight. One, two, three. So tomorrow, when we are going to bed, I want you to read three books. Do you understand me? Do you?? Are you paying attention to me??? Three books. Three. Do you understand the plan?"

And because he was being cute, and not obnoxious (although it was certainly a fine line!) I agreed, "Yes, Colin. I hear your plan, and think it is a good one."

His response? "Good. Now go to sleep!"

Ummm... Wasn't that my plan all along??? I guess this is an instance where great minds think alike!

For the record, as usual, the moment I turned out the lights Ryan put his head on my shoulder, stuck the first two fingers of his right hand in his mouth, and went right to sleep. Utterly ignoring Colin's dramatic ultimatum.

Comments

Popular Posts