Full Moon

The other night, after another spectacularly crappy day at work, I was trying (somewhat unsuccessfully) to decompress and enjoy dinner with the boys. Ryan had been crying and whining a lot, Colin wasn't entirely cooperating, and my patience was running thin.

I finally gave in and took Ryan into my lap, and hoped Colin might have a few bites so I could try and eat some of my dinner before it became tepid and utterly unappetizing. No luck.

Colin decided he desperately needed me, and before I could stop him he slid out of his chair and was wriggling into my lap. My left leg was occupied (Ryan) so Colin was attempting to get comfy on my right leg. This didn't feel great, and remember... I was at the end of a crap day... so I just blurted out, "Colin, hold still! Your bony butt is digging into my leg!"

Without a moment's hesitation Colin hopped out of my lap, pulled his pants down to his knees, and flashed his tiny rump at me, proclaiming "Mommy, my butt isn't bony. See?!?"

I laughed while he got re-dressed, then wrapped him in a giant hug. My stupid work cares washed away by my wonderful son. I just adore this kid!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts