Little Victories

On Thursday I made salads for dinner for Colin and I. (Hari was still at work and Ryan isn't a salad boy yet!)

My salad, as usual, involved a large mound of mixed greens and spinach, carrots, tomatoes, croutons, chicken, cheese and dressing. Colin's was similar... a few pieces of spinach as a bed for a mound of chicken, a separate pile of carrots, a small amount of cheese, a fourth mound of croutons, one tomato (which I know he will never eat), and a small ramekin if dressing, aka dip.

Colin's standard MO is to eat all the cheese and croutons first, then the chicken and possibly the carrots. The tomato and spinach sit forlorn until they hit the garbage at the end of the meal.

This time I decided to challenge Colin to just lick one tomato and take a tiny nibble of the spinach. He did (shock #1)... a tiny luck of the tomato followed by a face that looked like he had bitten into a rancid lemon. Next he took a microscopic nibble of the spinach. And...

Are you sitting down? OK...

He got a look of utter surprise on his face and exclaimed "I like it!". He was clearly shocked, but kept munching and the grabbed another piece and finished it all!!!

I nearly fell out of my chair. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As if that weren't wonderful enough, he did the same the next night. I think I may be on to something here! Now I Judy have to make sure we keep eating salads do he doesn't forget about his new favorite food.

I repeat... WOOHOO!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts