First Steps

Almost exactly one week before his first birthday Ryan did it... he took his first steps!  (exact date: 05/19/12)

It was a sunny Saturday afternoon , Colin was up from his nap and Hari was getting ready to head to the gym.  I took both boys out on the back patio to play with the sidewalk chalk.  Colin and I were drawing, Ryan kept grabbing chalk and trying to eat it, both boys were somehow instantly covered in chalk... just the usual.

Ryan has been "cruising" for a while, holding on to furniture (or my pants, or a leg, or a door) and making his way around, and he stood up holding onto a small (and rather unsteady) side table.  He looked at me (sitting on the ground drawing with Colin) and... just let go and took about 4 steps to walk into my arms.

I squealed with delight, tossed him into the air and smothered him in kisses.  He did it!!!

Since then Ryan has been practicing a bit, including one lengthy stroll all the way down our hallway, but still has a long way to go before he can keep up with his big brother.  Although somehow I have a feeling he's going to close that gap quickly... and then we're ALL in trouble!

Comments

Popular Posts