Thunder, Bugs and Broken Glass

In other fun news, I got back from my morning walk today and went to brush my teeth. Ryan was in our bathroom doing the same trying to quickly get ready for the last day of school.

I blearily looked in the mirror and realized there was a large bug crawling in my hair. It was a little far back on my head, and I didn't want it to get caught in my hair (or smooshed on my head), so with a toothbrush in my mouth, I mumble-asked Ryan to get the bug. 


After a few misfires, he saw it, and for reasons I will never understand started flailing at the thing like a drunken octopus. 

As luck would have it, someone (Hari) brought a pint glass of water upstairs last night. And left it on the bathroom counter. 

Ryan's frantic arm gestures (which did NOT remove the bug from my head) kicked over the glass which promptly shattered. 

Poor Addie, who was trembling and attached to my leg because of the thunderstorm (in spite of her Thunder Shirt) was now cowering in terror because of the commotion and was forced to rapidly exit the room while I evicted the bug before he took up permanent residence, and managed cleanup duty. 

And yes, this all took place before 7AM.

=========

Update:

Ryan reminded me that we had watched an episode of Supernatural the night before, and it was all about bugs attacking people. That explains his unusual reaction because honestly I just expected him to pick the bug off and it would be no big deal.

Hari swore that he didn't leave the glass there - he puts his glass of water on the dresser in our bedroom so it absolutely was not him. I realized that Ryan must have moved the glass the night before as we were watching our show from bed.

Comments

Popular Posts