Boil Advisory vs. The Tootbrush

A water main broke earlier this week, and we've had a "boil advisory" in place for a few days.  Knowing my family (and their 0.01 second attention span) I pasted 1/2 page signs in every bathroom that said DO NOT DRINK WATER.  

Last night the advisory was lifted, but it was late and I just wasn't up to flushing all the pipes in the house.  The kids were told to brush their teeth using bottled water again, and we'd take care of it in the morning.

Ryan walked upstairs, went to brush, and I heard the sink.  Then his comment: "Guys... I used the water in the sink on my toothbrush. What do I do?"

He had a 2nd toothbrush in the other bathroom (don't ask - this happens all the time) so we just told him to throw the first toothbrush out and use his backup.

Not 10 seconds later I again heard the water on in the sink.  Then Ryan exclaimed "DAMNIT! I did it again!"

Hari and I managed to stifle our laughter, reprimand Ryan about his language, and then gave him a new toothbrush. He then asked Colin to watch him so he didn't forget again.

And this, my friends, is life with boys.

Comments

Popular Posts