Music Lover

Last night Colin came downstairs, complaining that Ryan wouldn't go to sleep and was keeping him up.  Hari took the path of least resistance and told Colin to go sleep in our bedroom.  Surprisingly that was the last we heard from the boys - they both stayed in separate rooms and promptly went to sleep.  (With luck like that we probably should have run out and bought a lottery ticket, but it was late and I wasn't in the mood so... oh well.)

A little while later I was getting tired so I headed upstairs while Hari took the dogs out.  And I heard music from my room.  I walked in and found my iPad blaring Thelonious Monk, and Colin was completely zonked.  I usually play some sort of music for the boys as they're falling asleep - sometimes classical, other times it could be Enya, Norah Jones, Sting, Loreena McKennit... I like giving them variety as long as the music overall is lower key.  But where did he find Thelonious Monk???  I looked closer.  Colin had found the Spotify app (which I didn't think he knew about), then browsed around and found Jazz for Sleep.  For the record, I've never shown him Spotify, and never played or even looked at Jazz for Sleep.  Ever!

I was pretty impressed by his search prowess, but even more by his music selection.  He's turning out to be a pretty cool kid!

Comments

Popular Posts