Want vs. Need

Tonight I was trying to get the boys ready to leave so I could catch a class at the gym. It went so sing like this:

First: 
10 minutes of me generally harassing the boys to put on their shoes, stop pestering one another, and GET READY!

Then....
Me: Ryan, would you PUH-LEEZE just put your shoes on?
Ryan: Why?
Me: (stifling a scream) ...because I need to get to the gym.
Ryan: You don't "NEED" to get to the gym! (smug smirk)
Colin: Yes she does! If mommy doesn't exercise she'll get fat and sick and have to go on The Biggest Loser. Do you want that?????

Needless to say, after THAT bombshell Ryan put on his shoes (flip flops over black ankle socks) and we headed out the door. And yes, I worked out extra hard. 'Cause we all know what's gonna happen if I don't!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts