Flashback to February

I was just looking back at some old emails that I sent to Hari, and found some documentation from this past February.

As background, Hari has an annual golf trip to Florida with the guys, which they typically plan for sometime in the dead of winter.  This year they went in late February.  It was cold (40s) and rainy the whole trip, so they weren't exactly relaxing in the fun and sun.  But there was a small white ball involved so it was all good.

On the home front... not so good.  The day Hari left Colin promptly came down with a horrific stomach virus.  We found out because he was ready for school, in the downstairs hallway, and he tooted.  Then froze.  Then he ran to the bathroom... when he tooted apparently it was more than a little gas that came out.

Poor Colin spent most of the next two days sitting on the toilet, or running back to the toilet.  It was so bad (and so prolonged) that he actually made up a song...

     I hate this.
     I hate this!
     And I hate thi-iii-is!
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo2kCZUOtjs

A second version was...
     Shoo flu!

Third iteration
     We are the tiny icky germs!
     We are the tiny icky germs!
     We are the tiny icky germs!
     We are the tiny icky germs!

My email to Hari was the flashback though - I totally forgot about the nosebleed.  Or his speech to his Gatorade.  You just can't make this stuff up!

Hari,

Colin has been a trooper but his stomach has been bad.  Smell today is spectacularly bad, and of course he "NEEDS" me in the bathroom with him every time he goes.  He got a bloody nose today while laying down on the sofa, but I got it to stop pretty quickly.  

We made a run to the store and I picked up Gatorade as well as some Pedialyte packets that I can sneak into his juice.  He is currently talking to his gatorade.  "You're mine, Gatorade.  Mine.  ALL mine.  And no one else is going to drink you.  Because I'm sick.  And you're MY fruit punch."  I'm not sure which one of us is delirious, possibly both.

Well, the adventure didn't end there.  Hari's flight home was canceled, and he ended up having to fly out less than 12 hours later for a business trip to Boston... and his flight home from there was also delayed.  Weather this winter was awful, and for the record the last of the snow in Boston didn't melt until JULY.  

Comments

Popular Posts