I NORT!

Yesterday at breakfast Ryan was laughing about something (who knows what) and accidentally snorted.  I laughed, looked at him and said "Ryan.... you snorted!"

He found this incredibly amusing, and started laughing even harder, saying "I nort! I nort!"  (He's still a little sloppy with some of his consonants, despite my constant nagging.)

We finished breakfast, both boys were dressed, teeth brushed, faces washed, shoes on, and somehow we made it out the door.  Driving to school, in our loooooong 5-minute commute, we discussed the other cars, a motorcycle we passed, and the various construction trucks they saw (excavator, dump truck, crane truck, telehandler).

As we pulled into the school, the boys saw some of their fellow students... Maya!  Guhan!  Hetarth!  etc. etc. etc.  After signing the boys in we all trooped down to Ryan's room, where the teacher Janae was playing Legos with Ryan's friend Miles.  Ryan ran over to Janae and told her something, but she didn't understand.  She asked me to translate, and I tried... hmmm...

Me: "You're orange?"  (he was wearing an orange shirt)
Ryan: "No, I (mumble)!"
Me: "What?"
Ryan: "No, I (mumble)!"
Me: "What did you say, Ryan?"
Ryan: "No, I (mumble)!" (clearly getting frustrated with our stupidity)

I thought really hard and realized... he was telling the teacher "I nort!" so she would know that during breakfast he had snorted while laughing.  I explained it to her, and Ryan beamed, thrilled that Mommy finally figured it out.

I think I should go apply to work at the UN as a translator, 'cause this mama has some serious skills!!!

Comments

Popular Posts